The Ballard Consulting team loves working with startups and it shows in our work. Our value comes from our experience. We’ve helped launch companies, scale companies, and sell companies. Several of our clients have grown in valuation to more than $50 million and some to more than $500 million.
Our principals and partners have a diverse and significant track record working with entrepreneurs. We’ve worked with dozens of innovative early stage companies on a broad range of projects.
We bring a great deal of insight into every engagement.
In addition, we can play an active, hands-on role in our start-up client companies’ success – our work can be structured on a project basis or as a part-time interim operating role.
More importantly, we speak the language of start-up, especially regarding finance and business development. We’ve supported many clients in numerous pitch meetings and investor presentations.
Our fees make us available to most emerging growth companies as well as angel-funded start-ups. Whether it’s helping entrepreneurs develop their value proposition or securing the funding they deserve from angel groups, private investors or venture firms, we support start-up and emerging growth companies with a variety of services including:
- Development or executive summary, elevator pitch and other initial documents
- Financial forecasting
- Business model canvas
- Pitch presentation development
- Go-to-market strategies for new products and/or new market sectors
- Business plan creation, review and/or enhancement
- Capital raise consulting and network connections
- Interim executive management
- Advisory board development and recruitment
- Presentation charrettes and investment opinions
- Scheduling meetings with angel groups, private investors and/or venture firms
Listen to what one investor had to say about Ballard Consulting:
“I see multiple business plans each week. Most aren’t ready for prime time. Ballard Consulting’s work is top notch–thorough, clear and concise. They understand what investors want. They make it easy for us to quickly see the value in a company. With startup activity is increasing, investors have many investment options from which to choose. It’s more important than ever for a startup to make the right first impression.”